The Secret to Keeping Those New Year’s Resolutions
As we walk into 2012, we all have resolutions—to spend more time with our families, cut down on stress, get more organized or maybe just eat fewer doughnuts. However, though we may yearn to change, bad habits and unproductive patterns can have a strong hold on us, and it may seem difficult to really upturn our lives.
But what if you could make a single change that would accomplish all these goals AND make you more money?
Okay, we’re lying about the doughnuts. But we’re serious about the rest of it. What if there was one major change you could make that would help you to have more time, feel less stressed, be more organized and maximize your profits?
ServiceMonster is that change.
Don’t believe us? Let us ask you some questions:
1. Do you know how and where you’re making your money? What services do you derive the bulk of your revenue from? What are your customers’ buying patterns? Which of your service areas yield the most repeat business? What if you could access any customer’s entire purchase history at the click of a mouse?
If you know from where and whom your money is coming, you can figure out how to make more of it. You can offer more of your most lucrative services, you can eliminate service to unprofitable service areas and you can more cost-effectively target your marketing.
Most importantly, you can understand your customer. Nobody ever succeeded in business without doing that!
2. How much time are you wasting on paperwork? What if you could manage all your data from one central location? What if you could access your data any time, from anywhere, and didn’t have to run around collecting different pieces of paperwork from your techs?
Your business would be streamlined. With all that extra time, you’d be able to book more jobs. Heck, you might not even need a secretary anymore. You’d be able to do your paperwork on the job. At the end of the day, you could park the van and be done. Instead of spending your evenings on coffee-stained invoices, you could spend them relaxing with your family.
3. Are you maximizing your job time? Or do you lose a lot of time traveling between work sites? Do you schedule jobs according to location, so that you’re not wasting time criss-crossing across town, or do you just take jobs as they come? Do you find yourself frequently idling in parking lots, trying to decipher creased maps?
What if you had a tool that could structure your work week months in advance, helping you to map and schedule the best routes possible? What if your techs could access vital customer information without having to call home base?
You’d save phone time, drive time and gas money. By conserving your resources and slashing your costs, you’d able to ensure the long-term fiscal viability of your company—and your future peace of mind.
4. Are your marketing efforts working? Do you know to the penny what kind of return on investment you’re getting on your marketing? What if you knew exactly where your best leads were coming from? Do you want to improve your marketing, but are unsure of where to start? What if you could do all your marketing at the push of a button?
Effective marketing begins and ends with good tracking. If you have good tracking reports for your marketing efforts, you can make better decisions about where to put your dollar. By investing in more effective marketing strategies, you’ll be able to increase your business. And even the most inexperienced marketers have found success in using our automated marketing campaigns to ensure repeat business.
So, to sum up: ServiceMonster can help you to get organized, save time and money, cut stress and maximize profits. We can’t help you with your diet plan, but with all that extra time and cash, you’ll be able to hire someone to yell at you about the doughnuts!
You may be wondering why you should get ServiceMonster instead of another field service software system. Here’s why:
• Free support, training and upgrades;
• Quickbooks integration;
• GPS integration and mapping;
• Free mobile application that runs in all browsers and on all touch-screen devices;
• Detailed financial, marketing, customer and scheduling reports;
• Multi-level security roles;
• Printable route packets;
• Automated AND custom marketing campaigns;
• And more!
Best of all, although we offer a wide array of features, we’re very competitively priced and easy to use.
So what do you think? Are you ready to make the change? Remember: “If you keep on doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep on getting what you’ve always got.”
Don’t you deserve something better?
Mojave Supply demonstrates their expandable carpet cleaning hose. Very cool!
ServiceMonster Mobile has been out for over a year, yet we still have clients that don’t know about this great resource.
Check your schedule, map your job, and manage your clients while on the road. Designed for BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Tablet, ServiceMonster Mobile will run on any web-enabled smart device. To login to ServiceMonster Mobile just point your phone’s browser to;
Come listen for free to our new podcast. Principal Focus CEO Joseph Kowalski talks about a varity of carpet cleaning business and marketing topics. The first three epsiodes cover why we are offering this valuable information as a free show, as well as some marketing basics that every cleaner should know and a complete break down of our extremely successful 8 Step Marketing System.
You can listen to the ServiceMonster Show while sitting at your desk, or download them to your MP3 player and listen in your car or on the job.
We introduced the show last week to a small group of our customers. Here’s their feedback:
“Excellent idea and hope to have this on a regular basis, you guys are doing a phenomenal job…”
Larry Roy, Action Carpet Cleaning
“Very cool. Short and sweet…”
Mike Pailliotet, Connoisseur
“I think they are great!….”
Mike Graham, Bow River ChemDry
“Good info…” Tom Sherman, Professional Carpet Systems of Northeast Ohio
“I think it is a great way to connect to everyone…”
Jonathan Dick, Zoots
“I enjoyed your podcast. I’m looking forward to the next installment…”
Dax Gurr, Floorwise
Jim Robinson, The Magic Wand
“GREAT JOB!!! I enjoyed listening to the podcasts.”
Alyson Mims, ServiceMaster by Mimsco
ServiceMonster CEO Joe Kowalski talks about the 7 Step system and how you can implement it, for free, on your own.
Part 1: 8-Step Basics
After you leave your customer’s home, will they remember you in 6 months? How will they contact you when they need additional cleaning? There are many ways you can help ensure that your customers will call YOU next time, instead of your competition. After years of helping cleaning businesses just like yours, we have designed the most effective marketing solution our clients have ever seen. It’s proven, it works, and we call it 8-Step.
Prospecting is hard. It costs 8 times more to attract new customers than it does to keep your current ones. Successful businesses understand that their most profitable customers are their clients. If you’re not staying in front of your current clients, you’re missing out on some very real profits. Research shows that by increasing your retention rate (the number of customers that use your services again) by 5%, you can increase your profits by over 25%. ServiceMonster customers that are using the 8-Step system have an average retention rate of 65%
What is the 8-Step System?
It starts with the premise that you’re not just a cleaner, you’re a problem solver. No amount of marketing will cause a potential customer to call unless they feel like they have a problem. Since your clients trust you, the 8-step system ensures they will call you when your services are needed. Each step is designed to trigger a specific response from your clients during a targeted window of opportunity. The 8-Step system can reduce your marketing costs by as much as 63% when compared to a traditional newsletter. It also transforms your mailings into a ‘service’ that you are providing to your customer. Here are the steps in order along with their general theme.
The timing is based off of the last date of service.
- Thank You Card: “Thank you, thank you, thank you. Tell a friend!”
- 3 Month Education Card: “A list of our services, should you need them”
- 6 Month Touch-up Card: “I’ll be your superhero”
- 9 Month Reminder Card: “Just a Friendly reminder”
- 12 Month Reminder Card: “Um, really need to do something here”
- 15 Month Education Card: “A list of our services, should you need them”
- 18 Month Reminder Card: “Yuck, that can’t be good.”
- 24 Month Miss You Card: “You haven’t written or called. We miss you!”
How do I do it?
Use ServiceMonster to generate and track your marketing campaigns. With a few simple clicks, all of your personalized content is ready to go. Or, if you’re too busy to complete your marketing on your own, have us do it for you. We will personalize, print, stuff, stamp, seal, and mail your cards, automatically.
Call us now for a free trial. ServiceMonster is the industry’s #1 software for carpet cleaners. It’s the only software that will track your clients and get your marketing done! Put ServiceMonster to work for you and never miss another opportunity to stay in touch.